Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm going to lose 50 pounds!


Like many women, I have struggled with my weight all my life. I've yo-yo-ed for the last 6 years between 10 and 60 pounds overweight. I'm now at the heaviest I've ever been, and I think in the worst shape as well. Once an athlete, I can't believe who I'm looking at in the mirror these days. Trying to start a new career and a new "grown-up" life in New York City has inspired me to finally do something about my excess poundage and maybe even gain a more healthy attitude about life in the process.

This blog will have 2 elements:

LOST- my belly fat, hopefully! I'll post my progress for accountability (you can yell at me when I screw up) and to share what's working and what's not.

FOUND- finally a purpose for my addiction to internet research! I'll share all the great stuff I find, from recipes to workout tips to inspiration.

The first FOUND is "proof" that Lost and Found is going to help me reach my goals! According to dietblog, blogging helps weight loss by
1. community support
2. accountability
3. tracking progress
4. helping readers lose weight too!
Yay!

I'm looking forward to my Lost and Found weight loss journey! Let's do it.

<3
Jessica

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!

PS you look totally cute in that photo.

Theopoiesis said...

Can you blog from a stationary bike?

danit said...

you're AWESOME, ms. jessica ! love, love, love, love, love you!!!!