Thursday, September 25, 2008

Visualize Success

Today's post is about my FOUND of the day. I found a Weight Loss Simulator that created a 3D model at my current weight and at my desired weight. Both figures were in a hideous digital grandma bathing-suit. I did figure out how to change into a hideous bikini, because who doesn't want to look at least kind of hot as a cartoon model?

The results were fairly accurate-I do remember what I looked like about 50 pounds ago, and it's close. Reality fell apart, though, when I asked the modelizer to make me 100lbs, 80lbs, and finally 75lbs. All of those weights looked the same, and pretty close to what 135 looked like. Not to mention I'd likely be dead or skeletal if I weighed 75 pounds.


In short, I think the Simulator works pretty well for showing a difference between the overweight self and the healthy weight self, but not if it's pushed to an unhealthy weight (it just won't show the scary reality that would be a 75 pound woman). It's a nice tool for visualizing the future "after" picture, but certainly could be detrimental to someone with a serious body image disorder.

It was a fun exercise, but I think I'm better served by actual pictures of myself from a few years ago. So, check this out, but for real inspiration, pull out the high school year book.

xoxo,
Jessica

1 comment:

krechie said...

Hey now, that just ain't right. The visualizer works for women but Men don't figure into the equation. How about us boys who want to look buff and tone. I say, level the playing field and then we'll talk...
keep on rockin' Jess,
-Gabe